The combination method of carpet cleaning is a restorative method and is the most effective procedure for removing deeply imbedded soils. This method combines the use of Rotary Shampooing and Extraction Cleaning to thoroughly remove all soil and any residual cleaner.
The rotary shampoo method is performed first following the previously outlined procedure. After procedure number 8 is completed, the operator should rinse the carpet with an extractor. In the solution tank, use clear warm water, or a 3oz. per gallon of water solution of Franklin’s Brown Bee Gone. Franklin’s TET Defoamer should be added to the recovery tank to control foam. After this step, continue with steps nine through eleven.
If anti-soil treatment is to be applied to the carpet, it should be applied immediately after the extraction rinse, while the carpet is still damp.
175 - 300 rpm Rotary Floor Machine
(w/ solution tank & brush)
Wet Floor Signs
Pile brush or carpet rake
- Place wet floor signs.
- Clear the area of merchandise and store fixtures to make cleaning easier and quicker.
- Remove spots and stains, using the appropriate Franklin Spotter.
- Check the vacuum to make sure it is operating properly. Check the vacuum recovery bag, empty or replace it if full. Vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Prepare Prespray solution and spray the area to be cleaned. Follow mixing directions on the product label.
- Place the Prespray solution into a pump up sprayer and spray the area as required.
- In a bucket, mix Shampoo Cleaner solution according to the directions on the product label. If desired, add Air Freshener to the cleaning solution following label instructions.
- Pour Shampoo Cleaner solution into shampoo machine and scrub designated carpet area until a layer of foam is generated. Work across the carpet in a slow, side to tide motion. Move slowly backward, making sure to overlap the cleaned area. Be careful not to over wet the carpet. Continue until the entire carpet area is shampooed.
- Fill solution tank of extractor with clear, warm water, or a solution of Rinse Cleaner. If needed, add Defoamer to the recovery tank of the wet vacuum machine. Extract the entire area, vacuuming out as much water as possible.
- As an optional step, mix Carpet Protector according to label instructions in a pressure sprayer. Apply to the area to be protected.
- For high pile carpet, use a carpet rake or a pile brush to brush the carpet against the pile. This will set the pile upright and allow for quicker drying time.
- Use fans to speed up drying.
- When dry, vacuum area thoroughly.
- Put away equipment and supplies. Clean or wipe down equipment and return it to storage.