ROTARY SHAMPOO CLEANING
Rotary shampooing is a restorative method of carpet cleaning. It removes deeply imbedded soils, which surface cleaning cannot reach. One of the oldest of the current systems in use today, it is still an effective method of carpet cleaning but requires more expertise and should be a tow person job. Care should be take not to over wet the carpet. Wet shampoo should immediately be wet vacuumed by the second operator. Any residual Franklin shampoo left in the carpet will dry to a friable powder, which will be removed when dry vacuumed. The rotary shampooing process is completed by passing diluted shampoo through a nylon bristled shower feed brush attached to a 175 – 300 RPM rotary floor machine, not larger than 20" diameter in size.
175 - 300 rpm Rotary Floor Machine (w/solution tank & brush)
Wet Floor Signs
Pile brush or carpet rake
- Place wet floor signs.
- Clear the area of merchandise and store fixtures to make cleaning easier and quicker.
- Remove spots and stains, using the appropriate Franklin Spotter.
- Check the vacuum to make sure it is operating properly. Check the vacuum recovery bag, empty or replace it if full. Vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Prepare Prespray solution and spray the area to be cleaned. Follow mixing directions on the product label.
- Place the Prespray solution into a pump up sprayer and spray the area as required.
- In a bucket, mix Shampoo Cleaner solution according to the directions on the product label. If desired, add Air Freshener to the cleaning solution following label instructions.
- Pour Shampoo Cleaner solution into shampoo machine and scrub designated carpet area until a layer of foam is generated. Work across the carpet in a slow, side to side motion. Move slowly backward, making sure to overlap the cleaned area. Be careful not to over wet the carpet. Continue until the entire carpet area is shampooed.
- Wet vacuum immediately to remove soil laden foam and speed drying. If needed, add Defoamer to the recovery tank of the wet vacuum machine.
- For high pile carpet, use a carpet rake or a pile brush to brush the carpet against the pile. This will set the pile upright and allow for quicker drying time.
- Use fans to speed up drying.
- When dry, vacuum area thoroughly.
- Put away equipment and supplies. Clean or wipe down equipment and return it to storage.